290: Is urinary mycotoxin testing useful for indoor mold exposure?
Masterjohn Q&A Files Episode 290
Short Answer: When I had a serious case of indoor mold-induced illness, I tested my urine and my apartment dust for mycotoxins. Both were high, but the classes of toxins were totally different between the two, making me think the mycotoxins in my urine came from food rather than my apartment. Symptoms going away when outside of the apartment was a far more useful clue, so I think you should consider the cost of a vacation, the cost of mycotoxins, and assume you get more information out of taking the vacation, and then decide which to do.
This episode was cut from the original Q&A session that you can find here.
DISCLAIMER: I have a PhD in Nutritional Sciences and my expertise is in performing and evaluating nutritional research. I am not a medical doctor and nothing herein is medical advice.
Listen to the Audio
I highly recommend watching the video above but you can also listen to the audio here:
Read the Transcript or Leave a Comment
Masterpass members have access to the transcript below.
Masterpass members can also read and leave comments below. Non-members can read and leave comments on the general podcast page.
Learn more about the Masterpass here.